I have noticed that the crossover settings are still active when I have my front speakers set to "Large" and subwoofer set to
"Off". Changing the crossover settings defintely changes the sound of the bass coming from the front speakers.

Should this be happening? I was under the assumption that when the speakers settings were configured as above that the crossover would have no effect on the signal. My front speakers are towers with each one housing a 300 watt powered subwoofer. It was recommended by the speaker manufacturer (Cambridge Soundworks) to bi-wire the speakers and set the preamp speaker configuration as described above. The idea is to deliver a full-range signal to both the high and low ranges of the speaker and let the speaker's internal crossover figure out what to send to the subwoofer. This is supposedly preferrable to using a line-level connection from the preamps sub-out to the speakers sub-in.

Anyhow, when I contacted Cambridge and ask for a recommendation on crossover settings they were a little perplexed when I told them that the crossovers were still active
even though I configured the preamp's speaker settings per their recommendations.

I read in a different post that somebody else thought they might have the same problem.

Anybody got any ideas on what is going on here? Or am I wrong in my assumptions? My next step is to contact Outlaw.