Soundhound,
I always enjoy reading your informative posts. How do you handle the differences in gain/input sensitivity and power of different amps when you horizontal bi-amp? Do you use an active crossover? How about differences in speed and characteristic in the amps. Could it degrade the sound in any way. I use Newform Research moded 645's with crossover set at 1000 HZ between the ribbons and scan speak mid woofers and was always afraid of horizontally bi-amping because of the relatively hi crossover point. I do have a pair of Rogue Mangnum 120's in triode mode driving the fronts with active sub crossover at 100hz (with db Systems active crossover) using one paradigm ps1000 for both channels (yes, I know two would be much better). I do have a 5-channel parassound HCA2205 220x5 which I love that is sitting idle on the side and can use it to horizontally bi-amp. But the problems of gain and speed of the amp have prevented me form doing so. Also I know the Rogues have no problem driving the 96db efficient speakers so I do not know If the benefit is worth the complications. Your insights are appreciated.

Best Regards

Amir