I think yhis has been a great post and I think many (myself included) have been somewhat educated. I've been wondering while reading, is there a benefit to either high or low sensitivity speaker designs. What I was wondering (especially from soundhound) if today you went to purchase speakers and you had all of you technical knowledge but had never listened to any speakers what would be your criteria for evaluating speakers. I guess what I'm asking is do you love your tubes because you love the sound of the horn speakers and that is the best thing to drive them? Or do you like the sound of the tube amp and you need those horns to make the package work at it's best. Or do you just enjoy having a setup that you can tinker with? My guess is you've spent a fair amount of time getting your system to the point it's at now and I'm just curious of the road you traveled getting here.
I would also request opinions on sensitivity vs sound quality. Is there any correlation of the two or does a speaker just end up at a certain sensitivity based on it's design?