Quote:
Originally posted by eskendir:
I guess official response from Outlaw to this issue, which has generated huge response, is out of the question. I am accustomed to AV123's of Rocket Loudspeakers incredible response to feedback and I was expecting the same from Outlaw. Outlaw, I might add, has been quick to respond to technical problems but I can't help thinking it's might have been b/c such issues are a definite product killer. Or is it really because the company is all about performance, nothing but performance? If they have been 100% customer oriented company they would have responded to whatever suggestion any of us might have. Still Outlaw has a great CS but it is not in the same league as AV123, Unfortunately.

Outlaw and AV123 certainly operate differently when it comes to CS. Mark is very forthright with his companies intentions and considers all the input he receives. I think some of what Mark has said has created problems for himself in being constantly hounded by enthusiasts of his products.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I read somewhere that Outlaw once polled owners about wanting to know what future products will be well in advance of release or at/near release time. They responded that they would rather find out closer to release time. I think the initial hiss problems with the 950 led to Outlaw being tight lipped about product releases too. I'm very happy with their response to the LFE problem that was discovered.

Personally, I REALLY appreciate Mark's business model and his willingness to discuss future products and business in general. I'm very happy with my Outlaw and Rocket gear.

Looking forward to the new SVS PB-2+ too.