“orange with pink highlights” Eek! two of my detested colors! On that my can of Krylon would come out!

“and was aware of the looks criticisms before buying” My eyes asked your eyes and agree. I was very worried about this one before receiving shipment, and much preferred more machined silver finishes.
As I posted once before (luck of the draw) I ended up with black faceplates across the board at the current time. Which I have grown to love, and was very displeased to only be able to purchase a ‘silver’ STB, which screwed up the whole effect. (it went back for now….decorating issue solved).

Currently my ‘rig’ spread on 6 racks (3 and 3) impresses and amazes the lay ears/eyes that come by ceaselessly. (and these lay people are always asking……”How, much did you spend on that!”) So I’d say the Outlaw is a perfect, as we say here, 10 footer). And it takes a back seat (as it should in my book) to the display which is stationed just above.

I stamped my foot on the volume knob here, and worried without (admitting it) about the looks. I was afraid if I brought up looks among audiophiles they’d tell me to go paint my nails or something!
I’m playing with these comments really, - because I know how much you (we all) admire machining, bulk, heft, design, weight, substance, shape, form, and quality.

For me it just became a non-issue in its physical reality once in the room.
Would be happy if Outlaw charges more to source higher-end cosmetics (for those it offends and to please a larger consumer base). If it helps to share the joy, I'm for it.

It was just better in person than I expected - For me, - the ears have it. (Tango is there room in therapy for one more?)