Quote:
After looking at it for a day now, the only thing that stand out in my eyes is the volume knob.
You bring up a good point DennisG. The 950 does look a lot better "in person" vs. the pictures on the net.
Quote:
But, if you have those tasteful paintings of dogs playing poker and pool and stuff on the wall of your AV room, maybe cosmetics aren't such a big concern.

Hey! I resent that! I like those dogs. I think mine's an original by Kinkade! Looks great next to the Elvis on velvet painting. And the orange shag really sets the mood! I have to admit though, I would like a 950 in silver cause that would really go well with the wheels on my house.
Quote:
But I wanted the features, performance, and quality inside the 950 in spite of its "underwhelming" looks. *My* opinion...

My opinion also! I'm guessing that in order to sell this unit for $899 and meet budget, the money spent on cosmetics (or design) was minimal with the "big bucks" put toward the insides. Maybe the future "higher-end" processor will knock our socks off with a super looking exterior to go with a knockout list of features. For a "little more money", of course!

[This message has been edited by steves (edited January 18, 2003).]