Check this out. I came across this interesting post at AVS forum.

I am planning on purchasing an Outlaw 770...

Not because of it's looks (obviously) but because of it's performance.
I am certainly not one to pass a great product by, just because I don't care for it's appearance, afterall, form does follow function imo... but things like the look of the Outlaw are relatively easy things to fix, and probably never should have been done to begin with.

Are the looks going to keep me from buying Outlaw?
Probably not.

Would I really prefer it if they were prettier?
Absolutely... and I'd pay more for it.

I will let it be known that I am keeping my options open with regards to amplifiers to power a Rocket Ultra System... and if the Outlaws had a more refined look, I probably would have ordered the 770 already. If I find a similar value (don't think I will) that is more aesthetically pleasing, sucks to be Outlaw.

I can agree with the philosophy that performance should always outweigh looks... however, when it comes to items of this nature, we being HT/Music enthusiasts have certain things we're used to seeing. High quality finishes, and aesthetically pleasing designs are rather common in the world of A/V... and as this post clearly illustrates, the people who are spending the money like them.

Again, Outlaw is still #1 on my list for the incredible value it represents... but couldn't we even get flat black? I would be just fine with a flat black finish, like NAD. I think that has a classy look. Grey plastic, and fisher price style green buttons don't do it for me.

I'll end up rattle canning this bad boy... watch.