Interesting to see this topic reappear. Prior to the logo change (see the new font at the top left corner of this browser window, and on the face of the new Model 200's), there was a heated debate about the logo. Even with that somewhat whimsical logo, there were a large number (probably majority) of posters in this forum who liked the logo or didn't care either way. I can't speak for the membership of other forums, but historically most of us have not hated it, without or without a passion. With the revised logo, I think they addressed the major complaints presented in that thread. I would like to see future production runs of the existing product line (950, 770, 755, ICBM, 1050) use the new logo, but I suspect that's already in Outlaw's plans. (My office is in the midst of a name change, so I feel for them on the endless hassles involved on a logo change -- it's almost impossible to implement instantly.) A metal plate (maybe a simple casting) in place of the silkscreen might be nice, but I understand why they haven't done anything like that to date. Personally, I like the logo (new more than old, but I never had a problem with the old one) and the green power button, for what it's worth...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review