Kevin, I've been using Avia and a Denon setup DVD-A, though it has some rather odd tones/sweeps I'm not sure what to do with, and there are absolutely no instructions included, the sub phase test is not conclusive in my system...I"ve ordered the Chesky disc, thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin C Brown:
Ellen- The Chesky disc is really useful. 1st, it has 9 music selections in DVD-V and DVD-A format. (Stereo and multichannel.) You can set levels, DVD-V and DVD-A. Also, phase check between all speakers, and phase checks to the sub, again, all DVD-V and DVD-A. There are also "impulse" type tests, used to make sure all the delays to your speakers are correct. And this I thought was really unique: it has a low freq pan through all the mains. The idea is that if your BM is functioning correctly, even though the low freq pan is *only* through the mains, the output to the sub should remain constant. (There is a little beep as each pan "centers" on each main speaker.)

I had always used Avia as my bible for audio setup, but the Chesky disc gives it a run for the money IMO. (No video setup stuff on Chesky though.)