OK, so I have Klipsch speakers and a Parasound amp to go with my 950. I also have the hiss. When the issue came up in the forum, I let you know that I was able to greatly reduce the hiss by turning the gain pots on my amp down. Unfortunately, this meant playing the 950 at +10 with the trims set near 0, or raising the trims to +10 and running the main volume at about 00. This is a good thing in a way because it prevents my 4 and 5 year olds from turning it up too high. On the other hand, it doesn't allow headroom for material recorded at lower levels. Although my problem wasn't due to high efficiency speakers (my Klipschs are 90-92db efficient), Mike has told me the latest fix will stop the hiss I am getting. Mine was sent on the 27th via UPS ground, and will be here next week.

I just wanted to let you all know what a class act this company is. If you have ever owned a defective Sony or Denon product, you will really appreciate the way this company supports its customers and backs their product.