Obie-

When you 1st turn on the 950, *everything* is muted. Once you play the 1st source through the 950, the "global" mute disengages never to reappear again until you switch off the 950 and turn it back on again.

I know for a fact that on the *prototype* 950 I had for the hiss fix solution, that it does have an active mute. My older (I got it in Oct) 950 does not have that. But if you listen for it, it is apparent.

On my older 950, the hiss didn't depend on volume or digital or analog source. Was always there (except when globally muted).

So bottom line, is that if you don't have any hiss with either the global mute not active, or that "rider" active mute not active, than that's a good deal. I'd be surprised, especially since you have Klipsch speakers, but still a good deal. Maybe you did indeed get the very latest rev...

Oh, you don't even need an analog source hooked up to check an analog source. Just play a DVD/CD, and while playing it, switch the source to the analog input for that source (use the "digital" button at the bottom of the remote).

SH: me too!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!