Just a quick report from a two day old, first time Outlaw 950/755 owner. My 950 has absolutely no hiss that I can detect. I even have the problem child Klipsch Ref3s. I literally stuck my ear in the Klipsch horns with the 950 volume set to 0db and couldn't hear any hiss. I’m very impressed with the sound compared to my Denon 3801 that it replaced. I really would liked to have connected the 3801 to the 755 to compare just the pre/pro differences but didn’t have a chance before selling the Denon. My S/N starts with a 02 and doesn’t have any kind of dots in it.

I do have two major disappointments with the 950, both which I should have realized had I done my homework. First, the 950 does not auto switch between a digital and analog signal. I need this for my cable input where some channels are analog and others digital. The other thing I did not realize is that the preamp only has 5.1 inputs and not 7.1. I wanted to use my rears for DVD-A/SACD instead of the sides. My two generations behind Denon had both of these features. All and all I’m pretty happy but it makes me wonder how a Denon 3803 would sound hooked up to the 770.

Tom