Will:

Since I heard the prototype 950 and now, I have designed a new electronic crossover for my main L/R speakers. It's now a fourth order Linkwitz/Riley at 60Hz and 1,200Hz, verses the third order Butterworth I'd had for years. I also made the subwoofer crossover switchable between 12db and 24db per octave low pass. The main L/Rs do not have a high pass now. The change in crossover necessitated a whole slew of other changes (improvements) which were revealed by the better time alignment inherent in the Linkwitz/Riley crossover. While I was at it, I designed a regulated power supply for the filaments in my single-ended triode tube power amp, which powers the high frequency horns of the L/R speakers. This eliminated a slight buzz from the high frequency horns that wasn't audible from more than a foot or so away, but bothered me nonetheless: the buzz is gone now. The bottom line is that the sound of my system is a bit different now (and better), so comparasons of the 950 before I did the changes, and now are difficult.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited December 21, 2002).]