I ordered an OUTLAW 1050. When I received it, it would not turn on. I called tech support, and they had no luck walking me through the troubleshooting steps. They said that they will mail me a new one overnight.
I figured OK, I got a lemon. It happens sometimes.

I received the new one, it turns on successfully. Woohoo! I hook it up and the front right channel does not work. I try trouble shooting it myself, switching L&R speakers, checking the balance, checking the surround settings, you name it. The front right was dead.

Tech support walked me through troubleshooting steps to no avail.

2 BAD units!!! The odds of two very obvious errors making it through QC makes me question the company’s QC. They evidently did have good QC in the past or there would not have been rave reviews for OUTLAW here on this forum.

They offered to overnight me another one, what are the chances I’d get another lemon? I figured I’d gamble if the price was dropped by $100. They said no way. Probably a good thing. If they can’t find obvious errors, what are the chances they’d find more subtle errors?

I’m greatly saddened by this, I wanted this unit for about 2 years. Also, to top it off, I spent 3 hours performing quality control, packaging and shipping duties for the Outlaw company w/o compensation.

And then to top off that, They don't refund the shipping costs.

Caveat emptor,

Fresno