So far testing is going good. I have found that the "flatness" was done away with by increasing the treble to +2. I am not a fan of using bass and treble to change the sound (I left both at 0 on my Yamaha) but in this case, it did bring back the brightness I was looking for. Unfortunately it is across the board on all sources not source independent, even though the selection is available when configuring the input. Seems like it should have been independent of source. Anyway, sounds better. One question, I now have my back surrounds running but they are at a distance of 15 feet compared to my side surrounds at 9 feet. What should I set my speaker distance for the surrounds, a compromise of 12 or leave them at 9. Again, I am surprised you cannot change the back surrounds distance independent of the side surrounds.

By giving this a chance I am liking what I am hearing more and more.......if it wasn't for that hiss. My 4 year old son even told me my speakers were hissing. I would say that was an unbiased ear!

Scott