Scott, sorry I left off calibration on my ‘tweaks’ but for the reason you listed, somehow I assumed you had.
It was the single most ‘effective’ adjustment I made in early days. You mentioned your center, switching to the new set of Vienna’s I just purchased. I bumped the center in calibration 1/2/3 clicks (sorry dB). after bringing all speakers level and I may have pulled the fronts back one. I have different impedance going on between my center and Fronts. (I’ll have to go learn more about impedance; it’s strange that the Maestro center I purchased is at 6 Ohms and the Beethoven at 4 Ohms, yet the Maestro center is listed as the match for the Beethoven’s http://www.sumikoaudio.net/Vienna.htm I guess this is where you deal with amplification. But I don’t feel the Outlaw amp is stressed pushing these speakers, the center adjustments are probably/possibly more the fact I have Floorstanders in a small room and the center has to be brought up to keep up. But even with the Def Tech’s I bumped off level (slightly) for the best blend around this room.