Hello!

I am sure these threads popup all the time but I wanted some new info

I have been reading through previous threads for about the last hour or so and it sounds like this is the reciever that I am looking for but wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Up until about a week ago Home Theater didn't mean anything to me really. Then I went to a buddies house with a big screen and surround sound and was like wow this is awesome

I have been watching TV on a Walmart 27inch with a 50 dollar Apex DVD player. Just to give you background on my A/V experience.

Ok so your probably getting bored... I got bit pretty bad in the last week and have helped spur the economy a little. hehe.. The reciever is my last purchase.

So far here is what I have after 30 hours or research and looking and everything at CC,BB,Tweeter,Sears etc and reading all the awesome forums at avsforum.com.

Hitachi 50V500 LCD TV
Samsung HD931 DVD with DVI to the TV
Axiom Speakers - M60 Fronts, VP150 Center, QS4 Rears.

I didn't buy a sub yet because I live in an apartment and don't want to annoy my neighbors. I will probably end up getting one anyways but want to get everything setup in the mean time.

So now to the help. I plan to watch 95% DVD Movies, 5% MP3s from a HTPC I am gonna build. I do not plan to watch TV/cable at all.

I am looking for something that will give great sound! I don't care what it looks like and I am not going to run any video through this thing at all as I am going to do DVI to DVI. I have been looking for a no Frills just great sounding reciever and I think this is it. I only need to connect 1 DVD player and My PC to it with Digital Audio only from both, again no Video will go through it.

I am never gonna use Dual Zones, A/B or any of that stuff. I plan to use 5 channel Surround Sound for now.

I was recommended this reciever by Axiom along with the Denon 2803 and Harmon Kardon 525 which are alot more money and do a bunch of things I could care less about.

I am pretty sure I am going to buy this but just wanted some second opinions.

Thanks!
-Mike

[This message has been edited by TTA89 (edited October 12, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by TTA89 (edited October 12, 2003).]