ENM: Using the point of my paper clip, I press the MODE key to learn and place the 950 3 inches behind the RC2000. I press the sorsorce key then then the key i wish to learn on the marantz, then the corresponding key on the 950. It will light up and ask me to name the key D1 thru D8. I then depress the mode and test it. A long process. Same on ANY key. On volume I identify the source then Hit , say Vol up on the RC2000 then Vol up on the 950. I created some AMp functions on my remote(2000) like TRIM, DD, DTS, CIRS, BYPS, etc. I have been able to learn every command from the 950 except DSS. Yes, the RC2000 will recognise DSS and do all DSS functions. But, it will not learn the double click on the source key. When I had my AV550, you could double touch any source key and it would present it on screen. I can do this on all other components etc DSS. For example: if I am watch Dss and wish to go to DVD, I press DVD twice on the RC2000 and it takes me there. Likewise on the other sources/ CD, LD, Tuner,VCR etc. But not DSS. When I click on DSS twice, nothing appears on the screen, or , more precisely, IT STAYS AT THE SOURCE IM AT. I have no explanation. If Im wtching a DVD and wish to go to DSS, I have to hit OSD (my 950 menu I taught it) , then channel up or down to change the input. I hope I havent confused you more, but, in short, the RC2000 is a great remote and its will learn 99% of everything but it takes a lot of time! Have fun!