Very simply: I use a discrete test tone CD.

I play the crossover freq (I tried this with both 80 Hz and 60 Hz for the mains, and made no diff), and adjust the variable phase knob on my sub knob until I get the max SPL at my listening position (RS meter on a tripod there, across the room from the sub). Coax digital connection into the 950 1st. Mains and sub on. All levels previous matched. The setting is about 9 o'clock on the variable phase knob.

I do the same exact test, using an analog 2 channel input. (Not bypass mode, but A-to-D'ed, processed, then D-to-A'ed.) I get the same 9 o'clock position. (The knob goes from about 7 o'clock to about 4 o'clock. Maybe 240 deg?)

I repeat the test a 3rd time. This time I use the front L + R channels of the 5.1 analog input. I engage the 80 Hz analog crossover. When I adjust the phase knob for the max SPL, I get about 3 o'clock. Very repeatible. Will and at least one other person have also seen the same thing.

Charlie- You did the right thing. If I had the space, and the denaro, I would have went all full range too. Then you don't have to mess with crossovers at all!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!