Though I'm down on TI for having personally seen several DLP sytstems w/ bad pixels, other than that I really think the chip as a grayscale image device works great! Don't want to sound like I think it sucks and worthless. The best HD DLP front projectors I've seen look GREAT.

I'm just scared of a pixel sticking. That's why I'm looking forward to a push from LCoS since it works just like the DLP chip but with no moving parts.

Like Charile noted if you're too close you can see pixel gaps and a dark center 'dot' within each DLP pixel, but in HD rez it shouldn't be a prob. at all. It easily should be better than the pixel gaps in LCD.
The slight defocusing would only need to be VERY slight to totally blend pixels in a HUGE screen like you've got Soundhound. While I only had a 6' screen the Plus was only 800X480 (something like that at least) in 16:9 so that should about equal HD in a screen like you've got.

I personally have a prob. with the rainbow issue in the color wheel -at least up to the 6x (I think?) in the Plus Piano, but that systems widely regarded as having 'no' rainbow prob so I guess my eyes are screwy?.

I certainly wouldn't trust a TI study of the issue or rainbow or stuck pixels though.

As Iggy I think noted the DLP chip itself it totally sealed in production. Those mirrors sealed under glass shouldn't be getting any dust into them right? Not sure what makes them 'stick' but I'm guessing it's a friction thing w/ the mirror hinge. Not 'breaking' per se, but just getting jammed and the static charge hitting the mirror ain't strong enough to unstick it. Just a guess though.