"I got that implication, too, but since the author seemed to be looking at the three as clones that appeared simultaneously (and even hinted that it was something of a revelation, even though all three were announced as far back as January and the 950's been in the news for a lot longer than that) I wondered about how much stock to put in the statement. If the author of the article knew that Eastech was involved in the design (which they were, based on what we've heard from Outlaw), he may have assumed Eastech did the design."

I have raised this issue with the author and have not received a response. My take is that it was written from the point of view of someone just discovering these pieces, not from somebody that has followed the development from the moment it was announced (by Outlaw). I don't think (although I don't know) that he has any special insight into the development and probably just based it on what he could find (wihtout the benefit of talking to the Outlaws, Sherbourn, and probably EastTech) on the net.

My take on the intent (although for some reason it seems to have been taken differently by others) is that it was merely a comment on the industry for people who are not devoted forum people. Now, it seems that we have a mountain out of a mole hill. I was interested in the post mainly because originally it had the wrong price on Sherbourn and I wondered if that was really correct. Thought I would get a quick answer here (which I did).

[This message has been edited by randyb (edited October 10, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by randyb (edited October 10, 2002).]