This tends to soften the sound a bit.
Take Flight could/is to some extent I assume re-mastered Since it is a ‘collection’. I wonder if it was re-mastered digitally or not. When you say soft? what I hear is about as sharp as it gets, every note seems as full and faithful to what ‘Cat Womans’ original voice sounds like (including when she cant’ quite hit the note….) Every horn piercing (when intended). The guys who transferred it had to have done so recently, maybe just more particular to doing the tracks justice and getting it right. Maybe it is a lack of digitized harshness on some discs, I see analog guys discuss. Compression effects, THAT I think I can hear on different CD’s to greater or lesser degrees myself (a long standing irritation). When I hear it (what I think is compression) it removes ‘life’ from the recordings. Maybe part of the ‘satisfaction’ is that on layered/busy/complicated mixes the ear does not have ‘time’ to register/appreciate the individual instrumentation. When I listen to one of the jazz tracks when 3 horns are going on, I have ‘time’ since jazz is so weighted to ‘forward showcasing’ one musician at alternating moments in a piece. One track on this CD, I can hear the stage right horn when he hits a note standing straight up. Then he physically bends over and hits the next note (you can ‘hear’ his body position) then the stage left horn goes with him for a quick melody, Then between them the main horn walks forward from behind steps into the mix and takes over the emphasis center stage. …Bello!
I had a young guy walk in last night who recently worked for “Ultimate Electronics” and had gone through all their sales training…..(He really hasn’t learned that much yet). But he was floored by this CD on these speakers. He kept saying the clarity was amazing. He stated he had only heard one brand (in his limited experience) that could even get close to touching these. It was a nice moment only because he tends to go on and on (with what UE has taught him) and I had never seem him stumped like that before. (There is still something on these speakers that bugs me, (not as satisifying as my 'dream idea' of the utlimate) But on a very/very broad variety thrown at them. Dead On.

Soundhound I had a lot of tease going on in that post. I’ve seen tube rigs currently on the market with price tags of 30K that are absolutely Beautiful. Whatever ‘sound’ they produce their construction and design looks like something you’d see in the Modern Museum of Art. Wish I could hear your system myself. Music is produced organically by (ugly bags full of mostly water) and should be experienced that way when at all possible.