And no sub selected Thanks Brianca/Soundhound, most like me would be to forget that the first time, and go uhm something’s wrong here.

Okay JT you got me: Re: Rule of Thumb:
‘ALL’ drivers in the speaker over 6.5 = Large
Under 5.25 = Small
I have in my fronts drive units which are 2 x 7" Woofer XPP Cone "Spider-Cone" and 2 x 5.5" Mid-Woofer XPP Cone
The center speaker has dual 5.5" mid-woofers
Therefore the center falls in the gap 5.25 to 6.5 leaning to small. For sure (I) would think my center should be left small…and the Def Techs absolutely no question, at small. but....

Is there math to sum the drivers in the Fronts and divide by X or ? Rule of thumb?? Any drivers under 6.5 in the array leave said speaker at small?

Sanjay: Thank you, Joy unrelenting, something ‘new’ to play with. I went into DPL11 adjustments the first week, got lost, reset to factory default, and forgot about that option.
I’ll try both methods suggested on ‘my things to do’ list. Right now I am mightily distracted by just spinning CD’s to run them through the new speakers.

Which leads me to my next question (totally highjacking the thread). I am beginning to feel great sympathy for 2-channel nuts. (I love my surround sound and look forward to each new SPM released (if it’s not gimmicky). I tended to think of the hard core 2-channel analog guys as (coughs discreetly) old fuddy duddies.
Let those guys sit in the glow of their tubes until they have to fabricate their own needle cartridges when the market no longer produces them. I’m a modern girl.
BUT, I have found when playing CD’s, (not talking about the successful and better laid down mixes on some DVD-A’s) just straight plain old CD. That some of the ‘old’ stuff and old recordings absolutely are mixed perfectly for the ‘best’ (CD-format) experience possible when listening in straight 2-channel bypass.

For example, some of the more modern arraingments on CD’s just don’t seem optimally mixed to produce a very convincing sound stage. Last night (after my margarita at Blue Mesa) conveniently there was a Barnes and Noble’s next door. I picked up Take flight! a Bluebird Collection. This type of CD (collection of old recordings) is so satisfying to play in bypass. The soundstage just leaps out between and above my fronts, It’s as if my speakers are just gone. There are 2 cabinets sitting on the floor with nothing coming from them.
The soundstage is ‘out’ there. The boxes just sit, - to all intents and purposes dead in the water as if they have - no - connection whatsoever with that trumpet or singer over there on my living room stage.

What is it about the way the recording, mixing of a CD is done, - that creates this perfect 2-channel scenario where your speakers just disappear leaving nothing but a big soundstage behind?

Any familiar with this very nice CD will know what I’m taking about, when ‘Cat Woman’ is singing “I Want to be Evil” You can hear her standing right at a mic dead center out in front of you. etc. etc.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited November 09, 2002).]