Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
bergermeister:

Looks like we'll have to stop at step #1...

First of all, if you set the front left and right mains to 'small', you are forced to have the subwoofer setting to "on" ...

That seems reasonable, since in most setups you wouldn't find 'small' mains and 'large' center or surrounds that you would want to redirect bass to. So if the mains are small, they assume you'll have a sub connected.
Quote:
...so I can't duplicate a 'normal' setup.

Why were you trying 'small' mains and NO sub output? I was suggesting using the Large/Small setting to control if the sub output got signal from the Main or Surround. The sub would always be on.

Quote:

When I play pink noise in STEREO 7 in my current setup, there is very active cross-steering going on. When I play pink noise on a CD which is only on the left channel, it gets re-directed to ALL the other speakers, left _and_ right surrounds and back surrounds and center, to some extent.

Well, if it's re-directed but constant in level and still with enough low freq content, it could still be useful if you only look at the Left Main and Surround outputs.
Quote:

Anyway, I did take a nice screen shot of the response of my front right main speaker

Nice! Does your measurement setup allow input from a line level source, like the jacks on the back of your 950? I know, they may be buried behind the rack...

Thanks for taking time on a rainy day for us! And let us know what you find out when you get your test disk made.