Quote:
Originally posted by bergermeister:
...could we maybe talk you into trying the 5/7-STEREO thing to check on the Sub low-pass?

I could indeed check that, but I'm not quite certain what you want me to check for. Please 'splain.

You could be entirely right on the 5 and 7 channel stereo modes just 'rubber stamping' the left front to the left surrounds and the same for the right. The point is, I wouldn't take the chance on that for calibrating my system, unless I knew for sure. I'm not entirely clear on why you need to include the surrounds in any testing of the sub crossover - if you could explain to me what you are trying to do, I can give you more info.You will still get a 'comb filter' effect with several speakers running, even if they are reproducing the same sound, which can mess with your measurements.

Note: I am one of those crazies that does not use the bass management feature: I have full range speakers all around, but I have an analog 60Hz crossover network inline with my front left and right feeds. I set the 950 to 'no subwoofer', which feeds the LFE to the front left and right mains. It is split to the subwoofers (4, in stereo) by the external crossover. I do set the center crossover for 150Hz, but I do this because it kind of 'spreads' the dialog across the front, taking the point source onus off the one center speaker.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say in a longwinded way, is that I might not be able to do the measurement you are asking for since my system does not use the LFE in the traditional way. Let me know.....

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited November 08, 2002).]