[QUOTE]Originally posted by soundhound:

I would tend to believe what that guy in the article you pointed me to says, that the low pass to the LFE takes place at the _lowest_ of all the low pass settings, which could result in a 'hole' in the bass region of the smaller speakers.

that there could be a huge (2 1/2 octave) hole seems like far too big a flaw to even warrant the design of triple crossovers.

the most likely case is that the low pass point is determined by the highest high pass point selected (since no one really selects 150 for any of their speakers, it hasn't been noticed).

maybe if you set one of the high pass points at 150 (though soundhound, as you say above, you do this already, i recall that you low pass your subs outboard, so the difference wouldn't be apparent), then set it to 40, you wouldn't need a metering device to hear that big a difference?

i don't use the sw out, or i'd try it myself.

of course, i agree that the manual says nothing about the low pass point in relation to the high pass points (neither does the ICBM manual)....and that this is pathetic. unless of course, explaining it in the manual would expose it's flaws.