Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:

I wouldn't use either of the 5 or 7 stereo modes, or _any_ other of the DSP modes (PLII, etc) to test response of the system. The reason for this is that there is de-matrixing going on to extract and 'synthesize' more channels from a CD which is a 2 channel source. This processing can, and will effect your measurements.

My understanding was that the 5/7-STEREO mode would just copy the Left channel to the Left Surround(s), same with the Right channel. Not much manipulation required, just copying, and that would be adequate to test the behaviour of the Sub low-pass with different high-passes on Main and Surrounds. Don't know if that's how the 5/7-STEREO modes work, but it might be worth a shot... Definately, with other modes that extract info, you wouldn't know exactly what you would get.

Quote:

What solution were you thinking of buying for a KiloBuck?

I was referring to YOUR DD encoding purchase. With that you'll know exactly what signals are going where. Until you get around to that, could we maybe talk you into trying the 5/7-STEREO thing to check on the Sub low-pass?