Quote:
Originally posted by Norman:
... I'm inclined instead of your 10K ohm (I assume 1/2 watt would be adequate?) solution to add a high quality DPDT toggle switch to my existing home-made control box which routes amplifier signal to three different listening areas. What are your thoughts on that alternative?

A DPDT switch would work fine - JUST DONT DO THE SWITCHING WITH THE VOLUME UP!!!
You could get quite a noise burst if you aren't careful. Alternately, you could get a 'make before break' DPDT switch. This type of switch makes the new connection before cutting off the old one. Essentially this type of switch parallels the outputs just like you have them with the 'Y' adapter currently, but only for a split second as the switch is thrown. This type of switch avoids the pop that can arise when using a typical 'break before make' switch, like a garden variety toggle. You might have a hard time finding a 'make before break' switch: Digikey Electronics (1-800-DIGIKEY or www.digikey.com) might carry one.

OR, you could just to to RadioShack and pick up 4 10K ohm 1/4 watt resistors, and solder them into your "Y" adapters and be done with it.