David,

I’ve been thinking about the Anthem situation also. First, it’s just not Anthem that has had problems. Virtually everyone who markets a pre/pro has had difficulties. What so many of us seem to be forgetting is that these are complicated devices: Flawed algorithms supplied by chip makers, bad Dolby EX flags are just a few of the indignities that these manufactures encounter They also face interface issues with various power amps, power conditioners, or speakers which bring on new challenges.

In particular, the Anthem has more features than you can shake a stick at. This complexity inevitably causes problems and it is no surprise that these failings have been pointed out by their customers who hang out on HTF.

As far as features go, the 950 is no slouch either and we all know that they have had their share of teething problems. As the saying goes, “Every true pioneer eventually gets an arrow in his back”. As time goes on the Outlaws are learning from the field what is right and what needs improvement or modification. And they have worked as hard as they can to try and please their customers

I really commend them for what they’ve done with the 950. It sounds awesome. A few weeks ago I compared my 950 with a buddy’s new Atlantic P2000 and guess what? To my ears it was sonically indistinguishable from the nearly “twice as much” Atlantic (OK, it didn’t look as good as the Atlantic, but that is not important to me especially in a darkened living room watching Lord Of The Rings.)

On top of this, Outlaw is the only company that given its owner’s a voice in a unique forum like this. Who else sets up a consumer hang out, where if the visitors choose (and a few have) they can knock the Outlaw’s own products. It’s unprecedented!!!

Outlaw has certainly made its mistakes yet it seems to be the only company taking heat way out of proportion for the hiccups it’s encountered. I think that once in a while we should step back and give these guys a break and thank them for providing us great gear at even better prices. Even more, we should praise them for letting us speak our minds (sometimes at their expense) in this chat area.

I too, am sorry for the ramble but I wanted to get that off my chest.

Out.

[This message has been edited by jetsetter (edited October 30, 2002).]

"Yes, they're called doctors."

Tommy Boy