Will

Quote:
Originally posted by Will:

Your 976 is an older model pre/pro. The current Rotel pre/pro is the 1066. An apples to apples comparison would be between the current model Outlaw and the current model Rotel pre/pro, although it is interesting how the new Outlaw compares to the older Rotel.

True enough, but after I buy a separate digital tuner, the 976 will be roughly at the same price point as the 950. In addition to adding in my own two cents for the Outlaw community to consider, the post was an attempt to see if others (particularly (former) Rotel owners) have found a similar relative +s and -s. Also, if anyone wants to suggest how I might improve the performance so that there is no trade off in going with the Outlaw, I will be a much happier consumer.
(It has already be suggested that the addition of a sub would improve the relative ability of the Outlaw to produce detail. The suggestion was that the greater warmth of the Rotel allows for greater detail. The more neutral Outlaw would derive greater benefit from a sub. On the other hand, my speakers are rated down to 30Hz +/- 2db and greatest distinction is apparent on acoustic instruments, so I am not sure how important the sub is.)