Quote:
i don't know much about 'most audiophiles' opinions, but there is virtually NO program fed to the 5 main speakers below 40hz., multichannel music or HT soundtrack. this qualifies a lot of affordable floor standers.

True. There is not much information below 40Hz on most music recordings either, but that does not change the accepted definition of what constitutes a full range speaker.
Quote:
i have modeled every speaker in my database and found that implementing a high pass filter before the amp (at 40, 60, 80 and 100hz.) causes a huge 6db hump at the crossover point.
Interesting! I would add that_generally speaking_ speaker internal crossovers can- and do- cause similar humps and/or dips in some models available.
Quote:
i personally consider many of the people who post here to be very knowledgeable in this relatively new format.
Absolutely true!
Quote:
both the producers of surround soundtracks (see soundhound's comments) and multichannel music discs (see the telarc link) use 5 full range speakers and a sub with no bass management to monitor the mix of the the masters. it only makes sense to play it back the same way...masses be damned.
Agreed. If you have 5 full range speakers. Yeah, to hell those masses anyway!