Since my surrounds have a crossover point of 60hZ, and my center has one at 150hZ, there would have to be a seperate low pass generated for each, which is then sent to it's respective channel. i.e. left surround bass below 60 hZ is sent to the left front, right surround sent to the right front, and the center bass below 150hZ is split, and sent both to the left and right fronts. At least that is _supposed_ to be the way it works! In my amp rack, the left and right channels have a stereo analog 60hz crossover network before the power amps that sends all the bass below 60hZ to the sub-woofer stereo amplifier, and a high pass that sends everything above 60hZ to the front mains.

In the 950, even if all the channels have the same crossover point, there is still a low pass generated at that frequency which is sent either to the speakers set to 'large' (always the front left and right, but I don't imagine this has to be) if no subwoofer is selected, or to the LFE output if there is a subwoofer present (as set in the speaker setup menu).

I'm just realizing that this is one of those things that is easier for me to visualize, than to try to explain in writing to someone else, so I hope I've answered your question.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited October 11, 2002).]