I seem to be taken to task for just about anything I say lately! Let's see if I can make sense after ingesting a pitcher of Margaritas..... (-:

I do not use the LFE output of my processor. Instead, I direct all bass, including the LFE to my main left and right front speakers. In line with them I have an analog 60 Hz crossover that feeds that bass to a 1000 watt stereo amplifier, then to two 18" sub woofers per side, in stereo. I mainly have it this way because I have three possible signal paths that must work togeather seamlessly. 1) a home theatre path from the 950 and my Sony EP9ES DD pre/pro. 2) a direct path injected at my tube preamp for 'purist' listening in stereo, that goes to the main left and right speakers alone, but where I still want to use the subwoofers, and 3) a path I use when I work, directly from my mixing console where I usually monitor in 6.0 (less LFE) so that I can hear how things will sound when finally mixed on the dubbing stage.

If I am still not making sense, maybe we can both go out to this great Mexican restaurant I know, and have another pitcher of Margaritas (or your favorite beverage) and try again; sometimes it helps.....Well, yes, it _always_ helps (-:

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited October 11, 2002).]