Will & Soundhoud:

So... what are y'all thinking?

I am 90% sure I'm going to hold on to it. I'll use the 30 days for real world CD, DVD, SACD, and if I get get a hold of a DVD-A, listening, and then decide at the end.

I don't like the hiss, but I do like DPL II, DD EX, DTS-ES, the CES modes, bass management on the 5.1 inputs etc.

Also, I've taken a quick look through the Theatermaster remote manual, and there seem to be ways to "join" buttons at the bottom of the remote to the source buttons (pg 20), for example to combine hitting DVD with DD and CD with stereo. But it's just a button press. Doesn't seem to be a way to map an absolute mode. (I.e., pressing "stereo" to switch from "stereo 7" to "stereo 5" mode, vs just 1 button push to get to "stereo" mode.)

There also seems to be a way to control Main Device Mode (when it switches to DVD player mode when you hit DVD) vs Automatic Audio Mode (pg 21). But I haven't figured that out yet. But that doesn't seem to be what I'd want: when I press DVD, *leaving* the remote in "950 control" (Aud) mode.

And I thought I saw somewhere about changing the definition of the Power button. (I'd just change it to Aud. Then it really would power up the 950, and it's a bigger button, easier to find anyway.)

Hey Scott, anyway, you could create a permanent link to the remote manual at the top of the 950 saloon or somewhere?

http://www.universalremote.com/htm/products/sl-9000manuals.html

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited September 27, 2002).]

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!