Will, the reason I asked is because I do own the quintets. I have had very good floorstanding speakers from Klipsch, EPI, Boston, and Paradigm. I have also had good bookshelfs from Pinnacle, Boston, JBL and Advent. My wife wanted small, unobtrusive speakers, so I bought the quintets on Ebay for $300 as a fix until I build my addition to the house. Then I thought some Axioms or Swan Divas would replace them. The little Klipschs, however, amaze me. Placement is critical, but they play very clean and open in my room. The system does not include a sub...if you want one they have a couple of different ones that Klipsch says matches them. I bought an SVS 16-46PCi instead. With the SVS equalized to 120hz using a BFD, and placed towards the center of my front wall, the blend with the Klipschs is very good. Being a fan of equalization to tame room response, I have now added a digital eq to the mains.

On their own, with good placement, the little Klipschs can sound pretty good. By adding the eq, they sound very good, especially for $300 for the 5 of them. Also, my wife was so happy to get her living room floor space back she let me get the SVS, a 950, and an amp.

I guess all I wanted to say is don't knock something you have never owned. These little speakers can sound pretty good.