Yes, yes I know my speakers are more sensitive than most anything out there, BUT hiss is being reported by many people other than me who have far less sensitive speakers. Actually hiss is not a big problem in my system as I can only hear it about 5 feet from the speakers, and not at my listening position which is 15 feet. I had to work on the gain structure in my system ( actually it is a room I use professionally as well for mastering music for film soundtracks) in order to get the noise from other sources down. All the other sources in my system, including a digital audio workstation (ProTools) and 24 channel mixing console, only produce hiss that is audible about a foot from the horns. The 950 is way more hissy. I have an analog electronic crossover in line with my main left and right speakers that uses video buffer amp I.C.s that spec out as being _really_ noisy. In spite of that, the hiss is still only audible a foot from my horns with the entire system on, and without the 950 in the loop.