Outlaws, I am sorry to say my 950/755 combo hisses as well. I've been following the board for months (just got my 950 I signed up for in April).

I received a new, post-fix unit so I didn't think it would be a problem. Unfortunately, I seem to have the "real" hiss problem-- not an ear-to-the-tweeter kind of hiss. But hiss that is audible from 4 feet away (surround speakers) and from 12 feet away (!) from the main speakers at normal volume levels. You can hear it even over my noisy fridge in the background.

First I just hooked up the Outlaw units to the rear surround speakers with no sources attached, to make sure it would power up. It did, but I heard the hiss right then and there. I still decided to hook it up completely to the whole system and the hiss is still there.

I'm not sure at this point if I'm going to keep the 950. I have a Panamax 5100 filter/surge suppressor on the way (Monday) to see if this will help-- but that seems like an expensive solution even if it works.

The only source I have is a Sony ES9000 DVD. No TV or other inputs. I'm using all Outlaw cables. DVD connection is both analog and digital coax. You can hear the same hiss whether I have the "DVD" (digital coax) or "CD" (Analog) connection selected.

My old Denon 2800 receiver hissed a little, but nowhere near as loud as the Outlaw. This is a shame because I really like the Outlaw sound except for the hiss.

I've emailed Outlaw to see what they say. But at this point I have to say I'm disappointed. Even more so since the hiss was supposed to be resolved.

If you have additional ideas on how to diagnose, I'd like to hear them. But if the hiss is there with just the 950 hooked up to the 755 and two speakers, I don't know how much simpler it can get than that.