Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin C Brown:
Will & Soundhoud:

So... what are y'all thinking?

Kevin:
I am certainly going to keep my 950. I'm not thrilled with the hiss, but in my listening position, it is barely audible. Overall, my Sony EP9ES Dolby Digital processor handled format changes better, and with the Smart CircleSurround box I used with it, it did great Dolby EX. I only needed the 950 to switch my many S-video and analog units. I think that ultimately, I am going to use the Sony (with the Smart CircleSurround box) as my main Dolby Digital processor, and run it into the 5.1 bypass inputs of the 950 so that I can control the volume using the 950 remote. I have an outboard vacuum tube preamp in-line with my main left and right front speakers, after the 950, that I run my dvd/cd player and phono preamp through directly, and have a _really_ pure analog stereo path. This way, I would only use the 950 for satellite TV, and VCR. It's a real wank to have to go through all this, and I was hoping the 950 would be quieter, but I'm afraid that although I'm going to keep it, it has been demoted to secondary duty.