I got mine!

I'll put other "review" stuff elsewhere, but I wanted to talk about the hiss.

This is only after about 30 min playing with it. Setting all the levels, playing parts of a CD and a DVD.

Mine does hiss more than the TA-E9000ES I have. At normal listening levels, I have to put my ear up to the tweeters to hear the hiss from the Sony. For the 950, I can hear it up to maybe 2 ft away. For some reason, the rear center seems worse than the other channels (maybe that speaker is a little more sensitive).

Big caveat: I have the 950 sitting out in front of my system. It is plugged into the wall for right now. (I wanted to make sure everything worked before I do the complete transplant.) When I get it plugged into my balanced power unit, I will post an update.

The rear center might be a problem, because that speaker is only 4 ft behind me.

For now, I only have my DVD player plugged into it, so basically I don't believe that it can be interference from power cords and other interconnects causing the problem (at least nothing that bothered the Sony), because the 950 is sitting on its box in front of my system by itself with the DVD player on top.

Oh, volume independent. Same hiss whether it's a stopped DVD, stopped CD in the DVD player, or the tuner with the volume turned down.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!