Will,

the only problem i had with my 950 is in regards to aquisition time. The 950 does not mute the signal long enough on my system so whenever i switch from PCM to DD for example i'll get a loud pop/static noise and the second time this happened i had the volume up a little high, any higher and i would have damaged my speakers.

The fault is not all the 950's though. I'm using an M-Audio soundcard with my HTPC and my former Act-3 and Outlaw 950 both exhibit this behaviour. The Kenwood 6070 receiver and Denon 2802 receiver i auditionned recently (still have the Kenwood as a HT pre) have no problems with this aquisition time with no noise when switching surround/music modes. Seems i wasen't the only one with this problem so maybe on some systems this could be an issue. I want another 950 thanks to the sound/price. I don't care for the looks and lack of discrete codes but sonics far outweigh anything else. I plan on getting another 950 and worse case scenario i'll have to incorperate a macro to mute the sound for an extra second whever i push play with my HTPC based dvd player. Small price to pay with the extra delay to in turn possibly save my tweeters