I just freaking thought of something!

The problem is that there is a phase *difference* between the 5.1 analog crossover and the digital crossover in the 950.

So, *theoretically*, I can keep adjusting the *difference* in distance to me between the mains and sub in my DVD player's config until I get that phase to match.

For example, at 80 Hz, the wavelength is 13.75 ft long. Right now, I have that distance *difference* at 1 ft. If I change it to 13.75/2 ~ 7 ft (or so), that should compensate for it.

The problem then? I have a Pioneer DV-45a, which *does* apply time alignment to DVD-A, but NOT SACD.

Plus anyway, I might be getting the *phase* correct, but in terms of absolute time alignment, I might be an entire wavelength off.

The real soultion is for the software in the 950 to compensate for that difference...

[Added] This won't work anyway. Would only affect the phase of the LFE .1 signal, but not the signal from the mains crossed over to the sub in the 950...

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited September 29, 2002).]

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!