Bill, er, I mean willscary!

Good idea actually.

I have 2 more remote tidbits I've found out, 1 good, 1 not.

1) I couldn't figure out why it took 2 presses of a surround mode button to get it to do anything. Well, the 1st press simply brings up the format of the currently playing source. The 2nd press then begins to cycle through the available surround modes available for the source format playing. OK, so I can dig that.

2) If you look on pg 30 of the *remote* manual, it says you can reprogram the Power button. So OK, I can't stand the Aud thing, but at least the Power button is bigger, easier to hit, and I can reach it with my thumb. But alas, when I try to reprogram it to simply replicate the Aud button, no dice. I even tried a meaningless button 1st, then Aud to try and trick it. It did take the meaningless button. But wouldn't take Aud. Even if I programmed Aud twice. Nada. Oh well. But it's cool to know that the Power button can be changed though...

3) A pseudo fix for the 950 powering up (via a switched outlet) in Standby and not fully on. I found out that if I turn on the switched outlet *while* holding the 950's power button down, the 950 powers up fully on. Not the best solution, but a solution nonetheless.

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited September 28, 2002).]

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!