Yes, my TA-E9000ES handled source/mode switches a lot better.

DVDs "auto format decode[d]" to DD, linear PCM CDs in the same player AFD'ed to stereo.

I think Scott had a response somewhere, that if the 950 *was* in multichannel mode (i.e., a DVD), and then you switched to a CD, it would *stay* in multichannel mode (i.e., DPL II).

Would be nice to be able to set the default mode for the type *and* format of the source. (DD for DD 5.1, but stereo for LPCM.)

Oh, when is "powered on" not powered on? I have the 950 hooked up to a switched outlet. When I turn on the switched device, the 950 powers back up in standby, not "on". So now I have hit the power on button for the 950 after I turn on my balanced power unit (which powers up my amps). The exact opposite of what it should be: pre/pro first then amps last. Because the 950 comes up in standby, its the amps 1st, the pre/pro last. The TA-E9000ES powers up in the mode it was turned off in.

OK, so it sounds like y'all are seeing the same required "2 button pushes" thing I'm seeing with switching surround modes. (Still haven't had a chance to check the manual on this, but I imagine, not supposed to work that way.)

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!