I put some info in the "hiss" thread too.

Here, for now, I'll just say, I REALLY don't like the remote. I keep forgetting to hit AUD.

And here's a quirk (?). (Haven't tried to find this yet in the manual.) Let's say I'm playing a CD in my DVD player in Stereo mode (not bypass). (I have the DVD coax input set up to stereo default because that's what I listen to 80% of the time.) Then I pop in a DVD. It comes up in Stereo mode. When I hit the DD key, it switches to DD on the display, but then reverts back to stereo (the audio never changed from stereo). If I hit DD once, then twice (to get to DD EX), *then* it switches to DD EX, and then I hit DD once more to get to DD. (Not a DD EX disc, btw.)

[Added] OK, I replicated this. When I powered it up this time, it was in DPL-II mode for CD playback. (After playing a DVD.) I pressed the Stereo button. "Stereo" displayed for a few seconds and then reverted back to DPL-II. I had to do 2 presses of Stereo to get it to "take", and then cycled back around to Stereo. ??

If I set the input to default to DD, and I put a CD in, would it auto to stereo?

Sound is fine. (I didn't expect any big differences from the TA-E9000ES I have.)

Did I say I don't like the remote? Why isn't the button for the tuner up top with the other source buttons? And even to switch to the tuner, you have to hit Aud 1st. (So I set up a macro for Aud, then AM/FM.)

[Added] Why doesn't the POWER button turn it on? That's just plain stoopid.

I do like the pre amp though. A little rough around the edges, but good sound overall.

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited September 26, 2002).]

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!