First post. I have been waiting for a few months for the Yamaha RX-Z1 receiver to become available as that fits my WAF better than separates. I became extremely interested in the Outlaw 950 as I finally found separates (950 & 755) for about the same $2800 price. As I have followed this forum ever since, it has become apparent that there is a few problems with the business model. I am not sure if this is due to a lack of manpower or a lack of attention. For a business that strictly relies upon the internet for it's revenue stream, I would think that communication would be the absolute priority. Take Amazon for instance, it is virtually impossible to contact them and they have suffered sales losses as their shipping dates have really slipped. As I sit here with my dinosaur JVC pro-logic receiver and struggle with the decision on what to purchase, the desire for an Outlaw package of products is slipping. Once a company' reputation is damaged, it takes a long time to recover. I feel that there are many people like myself that lurk here to learn about the products that are becoming lost customers due to communication issues and product performance questions. I love the support they give to existing customers to resolve product defects but for us new customers, this is becoming a disaster. I wish Outlaw the very best but something must change to really become successful.
Pete in Louisiana