jacket-fan,
I, too, apologize for "fanning the flames". I have read, especially recently, more and more threads similar to yours and less supportive ones. I'm afraid to admit that you ended up bearing the brunt of my own frustrations.
I make every effort to remain optimistic and positive in most situations. Negative posts in masses makes that harder and harder for me. That's my problem...not anyone elses. I have a more difficult time justifying to myself why I should continue to wait. My (sicko) buddies at work know of my angst, and leave advertisements for other products on my desk.
It is Scott's job, I just feel kind of bad for the guy.
I'm a lower man on my work totem pole, and I know that (since we're on an Outlaw forum) horse manuer flows downhill, so I guess I'm sensitive to Scott's plight.
I just want to believe that this most temporary, unofficial, unannounced, "time out" from the Outlaws will result in a better unit (remember early on when they delayed and then announced the Cirrus chip ?).
The possibility of something like that keeps me going. I'm the one who tries to remain focused that "it's just a pre-amp".
Gene