These guys deserve some credit. I have been very impressed with the customer service. My first unit worked very well, EXCEPT I couldnt get the Toslink inputs to work. On either my DSS reciever, or my DVD player. After explaining situation, they (Mike in particular) were concerned, and shipped me a new unit immediately. That was more than I asked for. The second unit had the same Toslink problem, but now the Coax digital input did not work well, continual dropouts. I thought, OK, this one has the dropout problem of the original beta units, (I was not a beta tester, just what I have read here), and figured ok. I e-mailed Mike on a Sunday. He called me back within 5 minutes literally. A third unit came out. The coax worked flawlessly.The Toslink did not work at all, more drop out than in. I returned to basics, disconnected everything except the amps. Then my DSS reciever via optical. Bingo, it worked. It finally turned out that my coax SPDIF output from my computer sound card was screwing it up. Strange, since the sound card output worked very well, no dropouts, etc. Even more strange since this setup has worked for a year on a Parasound processor. So somewhere there is an incompatibility, but damn, they were so helpful, shipping a total of 3 units to me (sorry guys on the wait list, except for the person who would have gotten the second unit), with no hassle whatsoever.
I agree, they need to spend 10 minutes and send an e-mail to those waiting, or just a general "hey guys, we havent forgotten you, we are making our product better, and you will appreciate it" would work wonders.
Just MHO.