I guess I don't feel that way.

I'm disappointed that I don't have a new 950 in my HT rack, I really am. I'm not an Outlaw loyalist, I ran across them in January and it seemed to me they were working on a very feature-rich preamp/processor for an outstanding price. They appeared to have a loyal customer base.

I *know* firsthand how hard engineering is. And I *know* firsthand, how much it sucks to ship your first units only to find new problems that you didn't find/couldn't anticipate. And I *know* firsthand how hard it is to make the tradeoff between quality and revenue stream.

Tell me, how ticked off would you be to have gotten one of the first "buggy" 950s?

What I don't have much tolerance for is the lack of communication coming out of Outlaw. Like I said in my previous post, they CHOSE to pre-announce and create a reservation list. They CHOSE to make promises and give dates out. Those were Choices they made. Because of those choices, they now face a long list of ticked off reservationists... Oh well...

As a result of that choice, they *should* communicate with those people. No new dates, no new promises except that when we get our 950 it will be the highest quality they are capable of delivering at this price point. Period.