jacket-fan,
you asked.....
First, I'm somewhat surprised to read a post like that from you. I've read with great interest many of your posts, and usually find them informative, well thought out, and helpful.
Unfortunately, I can't say the same about your most recent (above) e-mail to Scott.
Personally, I wouldn't put up with that from anybody...customer, potential customer, or past customer. Scott should probably be considered for Sainthood after all the garbage he's put up with from alot of people. I don't know the guy...never met him, talked to him, or e-mailed him. Remember the adage about "don't shoot the messenger" ??
In direct answer to your question, No...I don't feel that way.
Get a grip...it's a pre-amp, not a cure for cancer as you lie on your deathbed.
Scott, and the rest of the Outlaws, have been putting up with alot of crap for sometime over this issue. Certainly some of it is deserved, as they have been slow with information and updates, but again, it's just a pre-amp.
Whether you buy one or not must be of little consequence to them, but the fact that they have made you feel like your purchase does matter to them speaks volumes about how much they care about their customers.
I've been without my home theater for a couple of months. Why? I sold my old gear (which wasn't bad) in anticipation of the 950. I didn't expect it to be this long, and I would have liked to get it sooner, but it's just a pre-amp.
Don't wanna wait ?? Buy something else from someone else. Plenty of other people have, but Outlaw will survive. I don't particularly like McDonalds. I don't eat there and wouldn't. Guess what....they still sell billions of hamburgers without me.
I could go on, but I’ll spare all those other uninterested persons my ramblings.