OK, I finally hooked up and played around with my red dot 950 and my opinion of the new 950 is positive.

First, the hiss has been completely eliminated with a digital source, even with my ear to the speaker at full volume. In analog it is still there when completely cranked to max volume (which isn't a realistic test) but has been cut down by 75%. At normal listening levels it does not appear to be present at all.

Second, I am not sure if this is imagined or not, but it appears to sound better. Maybe a little bit more rich or smooth. I only a/b'ed twice since switching them in and out was a major hassle (but I had to know for my own peace of mind) so I didn't get really in depth, but it did sound better to me.

Lastly, it does appear that it is a quieter unit. After calibration I now listen to the dish around the low to mid 20's while with my previous one I listened around the high 20's to low 30's. Also, I am thrilled they decided to give us an option of zero seconds (or disabling) for the OSD but they should have sacrificed the 30 second OSD and not the 3 second OSD. I mean really, who uses the 30 second OSD? Really slow readers I would assume.

Overall it was worth the hassle of unhooking and rehooking everything up and I am very pleased with my new "RD" unit. Thanks for going through all the trouble Scott & Co. I really appreciate it.